In order to prevent the COVID-19 disease spread among the UW community, the Rector of the University of Warsaw decided that the Library will be closed to readers from March 11 to April 14, 2020.
We also cancel meetings, trainings and trips planned for this period.
You may contact us:
- by phone: 55 25 178, 55 25 179 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- using Ask a Librarian chat (from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- on our Facebook profile.
- the due date for borrowed items (books, keys etc.) has been set to April 18,
- no penalties will be charged from March 11 to April 14,
- no new requests can be made,
- requests already made will be valid until April 18.
- the University of Warsaw Students and Employees have remote access to the collection of books and electronic journals subscribed by UW, available from the University of Warsaw Library (BUW) in the ‘Online resources’ tab (https://www.buw.uw.edu.pl/zasoby-online /), after logging in with the library card number and password,
- the University of Warsaw Students and Employees who have got their ELS/ELD/ELP (Electronic Student/Employee ID) and have not registered yet, can register online. Please check out the Registration section on the page: https://www.buw.uw.edu.pl/en/
practical-information/how-to- use/ The account activation website is available in Polish only,
- new password can be set using the ‘Forgot your password?’ functionality, on the Login page.